2 Days of Rail Trail Biking
Stay overnight in downtown Jim Thorpe
The Mansion House Pedestrian/Bike Bridge in downtown Jim Thorpe, PA is almost complete. This connects 138 miles of trail in the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor and opens a new selection of outdoor, adventurous opportunities for you! For our 2 day bike ride experience, rent a Trek bicycle or bring your own. You can ride up to 60 miles of award winning rail trail.
Take advantage of the new trail offerings. Combine any two sections of trail with an overnight stay in downtown Jim Thorpe for a mini rail trail biking getaway. We recommend coming on a Friday through Monday. Day 1, bike 10 to 25 miles through the Lehigh Gorge State Park. Day 2, enjoy a 23 mile ride on the Lehigh Gap section of trail (pending bridge completion, Fall 2019). Details and a sample itinerary are listed below.
- Check your calendar and pick the dates you’d like to come to Jim Thorpe. Friday’s through Monday’s are recommended.
- Choose the sections of the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail that you wish to ride. You’ll find trail options by clicking here.
- Call us at 570.325.3654 to make your bike rental and/or shuttle reservations.
- Choose a lodging partner that best fits your budget and style. Keep in mind, if you decide to stay in downtown Jim Thorpe, you can walk to our Jim Thorpe Pocono Biking store each morning you are riding the trail. You’ll find lodging options by clicking here.
- Call the lodging property of your choice to make your accommodation reservations.
- Count the days until your Jim Thorpe vacation begins.
- Don’t forget to check our Pocono Biking shuttle schedule to ensure we have shuttles available on your desired dates.
- You are responsible for making necessary accommodation arrangements.
- If you want to make biking reservations, have any questions, or need help deciding which trail to ride, please call 570.325.3654 and ask for Janet.
- Day One
- Check in at Pocono Biking in downtown Jim Thorpe
- Take our shuttle service to the Full Gorge trailhead in White Haven.
- Visit our White Haven Trailhead Store, grab a snack and water.
- Pedal at your own pace for 25 miles through the Lehigh Gorge State Park.
- Arrive back in downtown Jim Thorpe where you can walk to the lodging option of your choice.
- Eat at one of the many delicious restaurants then browse the quaint shops, museums and galleries
- Have a nightcap at one of the local wineries or bars.
- Day Two
- Enjoy breakfast in Jim Thorpe
- Walk to Pocono Biking and check in for your second day of rail trail riding on the new Lehigh Gap section of trail (pending bridge completion, Fall 2019).
- We’ll shuttle you and your bike to the Cementon Trailhead.
- You’ll ride at your own pace for 23 miles along the Lehigh River, crossing the Appalachian Trail.
- Arrive back to Jim Thorpe and stay another evening or drive home.