6 DAY INN TO INN BIKE TOUR ON THE Erie Canalway
Ride 190 miles from Buffalo to Rome, NY
Experience the famous Erie Canal by bike! Complete 190 miles on crushed gravel and paved trail as we ride from Buffalo to Rome, NY. You and your guides will follow the route of the historic canal and take advantage of the $200 million Empire State Trail investment.
Enjoy five nights in trail towns across Central NY and ride from the countryside to the city of Syracuse. Take time to view the historic locks and canals, or head straight to the hotel and explore the unique towns along the way.
Day 1: Meet your guides in Fayetteville, NY (outside of Syracuse) before shuttling to our first nights lodging in Medina, NY.
Day 2: Ride 36 miles from Buffalo to Medina. Along the way you’ll have a chance to explore the famous ‘Flight of Five’. This is a staircase of five locks built to elevate boats through the 50 foot Niagara Escarpment.
Day 3: Tackle 52 miles of riding on crushed gravel and paved trails as we pass through small towns on the way to Rochester. Along the way stop for lunch in Brockport, home to an array of Victorian buildings with 45 of them on the State and National Register of Historic Places. We’ll end the day at the trailside Del Monte Lodge. This is the perfect place to unwind after 52 miles in the saddle.
Day 4: 39 miles. After a group breakfast, we’ll head into the central New York countryside as we travel towards Clyde, NY. Along the way, we’ll pass through historic small towns like Palmyra. This is the home of Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon Church, as well as where the Book of Mormon was first published. Next, we’ll have a group trailside lunch and finish riding in Clyde. From Clyde, there is a section of trail not complete. So we’ll end the day with a shuttle to Seneca Falls. Here we will be spending the night in the birthplace of the women’s rights movement.
Day 5: 34 miles. Ride over the Nine Mile Creek Aqueduct, the only restored navigable aqueduct in NY. Regroup for a trailside lunch outside of Syracuse and then start riding on a brand new trail. New York State invested $36 million into a 14 mile extension of the Erie Canal Trail making this day of riding possible. You’ll experience an elevated section of trail that boasts an amazing vista over Onondaga Lake. Be sure to look for Bald Eagles. From here the ride descends into Syracuse, surprisingly beautiful, this section of trail was finished in 2020. It gives you the chance to ride through historic downtown Syracuse. See what’s possible when there is support for trail infrastructure.
Day 6: On our final day, we’ll complete 29 miles from Rome back to Fayetteville. The day will begin with a group breakfast before we jump in the van for a shuttle to Lock 21. After that, we’ll ride back to Fayetteville passing the Chittenango Landing Boat Museum along the way. Tackling day six in ‘reverse’ allows all riders to ride at their own pace and head for home on their own time schedule.
2022 ERIE CANAL TOUR DATES
- 22nd – 27th (Limited availability)
- 19th – 24th (Sold Out) Click here to join our waitlist!
- 17th – 22nd – (Limited availability)
- 18th – 23rd (Sold Out) Click here to join our waitlist!
Private Trips may be available on alternative dates for groups of 8 or more. To arrange a private trip, please give us a call at 570.325.3654 and ask for Sierra.
- Difficulty: Easy/Moderate – Crushed gravel trail
- Trip Size: Up to 12 guests, 2 guides
- Minimum Age: 13 years old
- E-bike rentals are available for an additional charge
- Conventional bikes and eBikes only; NO trikes, recumbents or tandems.
- For a detailed itinerary and FAQs please call 570.325.3654 and ask for Sierra, OR send an email to Info@PoconoBiking.com
- CLICK HERE to view our special 6-Day Erie Canal & 4-Day D&L inn to inn bike tour brochure.
2022 ERIE CANAL TOUR RATES
- Individual with own bike – $1399.
- Bike rental (if needed) – $125.
- Single supplement – $375. additional for those traveling solo
- Biking on 190 miles of crushed gravel and paved trail
- Five nights of lodging
- Professional bike guides
- Sag wagon
- Rest stops with snacks and water
- Welcome dinner
- Breakfast on five days
- Lunch on three days
- Basic bike repair
- Luggage transportation to each accommodation
- Morning trail briefings
- Parking for the week
- Shuttle from your car to the start of the ride – ride directly back to your car
RESERVATIONS & INFORMATION
For more information on our six day, Inn to Inn Erie Canal Bike Tour, please give us a call at 570.325.3654 and ask for Sierra. Or, you can send us a request via email to info@PoconoBiking.com
Note: If the date you are interested in is currently sold out, please click here to join our waitlist!