Big Day Out
Bike, Hike & Raft the Lehigh Gorge In one day!
If you’re seeking a BIG multisport adventure – Rafting, Biking and Hiking – then our BIG DAY OUT is definitely for you. Arrive at Pocono Whitewater and check-in for your Big Day Out. You can grab a cup of coffee or breakfast sandwich at the Broken Paddle Bar & Grill. Following breakfast, your excursion will begin via Trek bike as you cruise between the 1000 foot walls of the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail to the famous Glen Onoko in Jim Thorpe where you will relax by the river and enjoy your tasty lunch.
After lunch, your BIG adventure continues with a scenic hike to an abandoned railroad tunnel. The hike will lead you to beautiful overlooks of the Lehigh River. You will descend back to the Lehigh River where rafts and equipment will be ready for your arrival as you begin whitewater rafting on the final leg of your adventure! The Lehigh rolls and bends as you navigate rapids past the ruins of 18th century dams, locks, and dwellings. Our friendly, well-trained guides will accompany you every step of the way.
BUT WAIT…your Big Day Out doesn’t end yet…
A delicious dinner and roaring bonfire at our Whitewater Rafting Adventure Center await your return. Your first victory drink (beer or soda) will be on us! Finally, your day is complete and you can hang out around the bonfire and brag that you survived Pocono Whitewater’s BIG DAY OUT!
2023 Big Day Out Dates
- 3rd & 17th
- 1st, 9th, 15th, 23rd & 30th
- 6th, 13th & 27th
- 4th, 16th & 30th
Private Big Day Out adventures are available to groups of 10 or more people, mid-week. Just give us a call at 1-800-WHITEWATER (1-800-944-8392) to arrange your private trip.
2023 Big Day Out Rates
- Individual – $119.99 (ages 13 & up)
Big Day Out Rate Includes
- Rail Trail bike ride on the D&L Trail
- Trek rental bike and helmet
- Guided hike to overlooks of the Lehigh River Gorge
- Class I, II and touch of Class III whitewater rafting trip
- All necessary rafting equipment, life jacket, full wet suit and splash jacket if needed
- Change rooms
- Free parking
- Trip shuttles
- Professional guides
- Lunch (sub, Chex mix, cookies, water)
- Dinner (stuffed shells, salad, garlic bread, mixed veggies, beer/beverage)
- One FREE beer
- Post-trip bonfire
Big Day Out Trip Notes
- Check in at Pocono Whitewater Rafting, Jim Thorpe.
- Most of our rafts accommodate 4 to 6 people.
- Vegetarian and gluten free meal options are available, please give us a call for details.
- If you’d like to have breakfast upon arrival, please give our office a call to have it added to your reservation.
- If you forget something you can pick it up in our whitewater retail shop.
- Your photo is taken on the river and available for purchase in our store or online at PoconoWhitewaterPhotos.com.
If you would prefer to participate in just one activity, we also offer biking and whitewater rafting trips. For biking only adventures, visit our Pocono Biking Trail Options Page. For whitewater rafting trips only, please visit PoconoWhitewater.com