All aboard the scenic bike train!
NOTICE: We are uncertain about the future of the Bike Train due to issues between the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway (aka: Reading Blue Mountain & Northern Railroad) and the town of Jim Thorpe. We are hopeful for a positive resolution soon. As soon as updates are available, we will be sure to post here. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please contact the railroad directly at 610.562.2102
Hop on the Bike Train and step back in time. Enjoy a relaxing 25 mile train ride through the Lehigh Gorge. Then, pedal your bike back down to Jim Thorpe at your own pace along the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail.
First, your day begins in Jim Thorpe where you and your bike will board the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway. You will enjoy a one hour ride as the train swings onto the former Lehigh Valley main line and passes Glen Onoko, the southern gateway to the Lehigh Gorge State Park.
While you sit back, relax and take in the outstanding scenery, the train will follow the winding Lehigh River for 25 miles. You’ll round curve after curve until you reach the village of White Haven. Here you and your bike will be dropped off at the Lehigh Gorge trailhead.
Once at the trailhead, pedal at your own pace down the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail for 25 miles back to Jim Thorpe. Along the way, you’ll pass canal remnants, swim spots, scenic overlooks and railroad trestles. Remember your camera. The many sparkling waterfalls provide great photo opportunities.
Advance tickets/reservations are required and can be made by calling Pocono Biking at 570-325-8430.
2019 Bike Train Dates
- 4th – 9am & 12pm trains
- 5th – 9am & 12pm trains
- 8th – 9am & 12pm trains
- 9th – 9am & 12pm trains
- 13th – 9am & 12pm trains
- 14th – 9am & 12pm trains
- 10th – 9am & 12pm trains
- 11th – 9am & 12pm trains
- 14th – 9am & 12pm trains
- 15th – 9am & 12pm trains
- While there are no bike train dates scheduled for October, we do offer our regular shuttle services daily the entire month. Please click here for our regular shuttle schedule.
- 9th – 9am only
- 10th – 9am only
2019 Bike Train Rates
Train Ride/Shuttle with your own bike
- $35.00 per person
Train Ride/Shuttle with our Trek bike rental
- $55.00 per person
Rain Date Policy
- In case of inclement weather the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway website, Pocono Biking website and Pocono Biking Facebook Page will be used to indicate the change of Bike Train dates due to adverse weather conditions.
- The websites & Facebook will be updated by 10:00 am on the Thursday morning prior the Bike Train weekend. If inclement weather is in the forecast, we strongly encourage you to check these websites for rain date updates prior to leaving your home.
- If Bike Trains start running and the weather suddenly turns bad, the Bike Trains will continue to run as scheduled.
- If the LGSRY or Pocono Biking websites do not indicate any rain date changes, then all Bike Trains for that weekend are operating as scheduled.
- If your Bike Train date is changed due to inclement weather, the trains will operate at the same times out of Jim Thorpe Station the weekend after the original postponed date. For example: If the Saturday Bike Trains are canceled, the following Saturday would be the rain date. If this accommodation does not work for you, please call 570-325-8430 to exchange your tickets to a later date. Although there are no refunds on tickets purchased, Bike Train tickets are good forever until used on a future Bike Train.
Bike Train Reservations are necessary and can be made by calling Pocono Biking at 570-325-8430.
Invite a Friend
Local Discounts for all Bike Train Riders
Renee’s Cold Cut Hut – Need Lunch for your ride? When you arrive at the bike trail in White Haven, take a stroll over to Renee’s Cold Cut Hut and grab lunch to take on the trail. Renee’s offering bike train riders a $6.00 packed lunch that includes a sub, chips, and water. Phone: 570.215.0057
Treasure Shop: Show your Bike Train ticket and receive 15% off total regular price purchase (plus an additional 10% off for cash purchases over $20). 44 Broadway, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229. Phone: 570.325.8380
Galen Glen Winery: Bring in your Bike Train ticket the weekend of your ride and receive a complimentary wine tasting at Galen Glen Winery, 255 Winter Mountain Drive, Andreas, PA 18211. Phone: 570.386.3682
Everything Nice Gift Shop – Show your Bike Train ticket the weekend of your ride and receive 15% off any regularly priced non-food item. Everything Nice Gift Shop, 31 Race Street, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229. Phone: 570.325.2248 OR 570.657.7202