All aboard the scenic Bike Train
Hop on the Bike Train and step back in time. Enjoy a relaxing 25 mile train ride through the Lehigh Gorge. Then, pedal your bike back down to Jim Thorpe at your own pace along the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail.
First, your day begins in Jim Thorpe where you and your bike will board the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway. You will enjoy a one hour ride as the train swings onto the former Lehigh Valley main line. You’ll pass Glen Onoko, the southern gateway to the Lehigh Gorge State Park.
While you sit back, relax and take in the outstanding scenery, the train will follow the winding Lehigh River for 25 miles. You’ll round curve after curve until you reach the village of White Haven. Here you and your bike will be dropped off at the Lehigh Gorge trailhead.
Once at the trailhead, pedal at your own pace down the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail for 25 miles back to Jim Thorpe. Along the way, you’ll pass canal remnants, swim spots, scenic overlooks, and railroad trestles. Remember your camera. The many sparkling waterfalls provide great photo opportunities.
Advance tickets/reservations are required for the Bike Train and can be made by calling our Pocono Biking reservation office at 570.325.8430 OR Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway directly at 570.325.8485.
2023 Bike Train Dates
- 22nd & 23rd (8:45am & 12pm boarding)
- 13th & 14th (8:45am & 12pm boarding)
- 10th & 11th (8:45am & 12pm boarding)
- There will be a TRAIL FESTIVAL in White Haven on June 10th, so you may want to allow extra time in your schedule to walk around White Haven after you depart the train and begin your bike ride! Click Here for details.
- 22nd & 23rd (8:45am & 12pm boarding)
- 5th & 6th (8:45am & 12pm boarding)
- 16th & 17th (8:45am & 12pm boarding)
- While there are no bike train dates scheduled for October, we do offer our regular shuttle services daily the entire month. Please click here for our regular shuttle schedule.
- 11th & 12th (8:45am boarding ONLY)
2023 Bike Train Rates
Train Ride/Shuttle with your own bike
- $39.00 per train shuttle
Train Ride/Shuttle with our Trek bike rental
- $66.00 per train shuttle & rental
BIKE TRAIN RESERVATIONS
Bike Train reservations are necessary and can be made by calling our Pocono Biking reservation office at 570.325.8430 OR The Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway directly at 570.325.8485.
BIKE RENTAL WAIVER
If you are renting a bicycle for the Bike Train, you can save time by downloading and filling out a Liability Waiver in advance. Don’t forget to bring the filled-out waiver along with you! One waiver is needed per person.Invite a Friend
NEED LUNCH FOR YOUR BIKE RIDE?
Renee’s Cold Cut Hut* – When you arrive at the bike trail in White Haven, take a stroll over to Renee’s Cold Cut Hut and grab your lunch to take on the trail. Renee is offering Bike Train riders an $8.00 packed lunch that includes a sub, chips, and bottled water. To save time, we recommend calling Renee with your order either the day before or prior to boarding the train in the morning. Walk-in orders are also welcome. Renee’s phone number is 570.215.0057.
Rain Date Policy
- In case of inclement weather The Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway website, Pocono Biking website, and Pocono Biking Facebook Page will be used to indicate the change of Bike Train dates due to adverse weather conditions.
- The websites & Facebook will be updated by 10:00 am on the Thursday morning prior to the Bike Train weekend. If inclement weather is in the forecast, we strongly encourage you to check these websites for rain date updates prior to leaving your home.
- If Bike Trains start running and the weather suddenly turns bad, the Bike Trains will continue to run as scheduled.
- If The Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway or Pocono Biking websites do not indicate any rain date changes, then all Bike Trains for that weekend are operating as scheduled.
- If your Bike Train date is changed due to inclement weather, the trains will operate at the same times out of Jim Thorpe Station the weekend after the original postponed date. For example: If the Saturday Bike Trains are canceled, the following Saturday would be the rain date. If this accommodation does not work for you, please call 570.325.8485 to exchange your tickets for a later date. Although there are no refunds on tickets purchased, Bike Train tickets are good forever until used on a future Bike Train.
Note: If you are renting a bicycle for the Bike Train, you can save time by filling out a Liability Waiver in advance. Don’t forget to bring it along with you! One waiver is needed per person.