4 Day Bike Ride
Inn to Inn from Jim Thorpe to Washington Crossing
Bike 142 miles of rail trail on the Smithsonian Affiliate, Delaware & Lehigh Trail, also known as the D&L Trail. This 4 day bike ride is an inn to inn stay from Jim Thorpe to Washington Crossing.
-Enjoy three of Pennsylvania’s award winning small towns. From the mountains of Jim Thorpe, to the cobblestone streets of Bethlehem and onto the revolutionary architecture of New Hope. Each of these towns are well established tourism destinations and are as unique as they are attractive.
-Travel through 57,600 acres/90 miles of State Park interrupted only by quaint river towns.
-Explore some of the oldest history in the USA. Follow the route of Anthracite Coal from mine to market during the Industrial Revolution.
Day 1 – 36 miles: Start your adventure in the wilderness of the Lehigh Gorge State Park, riding past waterfalls and spotting wildlife as you bike on the newly connected D&L Rail Trail into the award winning town of Jim Thorpe. Our first night is spent surrounded by the mountains in the Inn of Jim Thorpe, circa 1849.
Day 2 – 37 miles: After a night exploring the shops, museums and restaurants in Jim Thorpe, we’ll enjoy a hot breakfast at the Inn before we continue to follow the locks and canals along the Lehigh River to the town of Bethlehem, PA. Along the way we will pass the Lehigh Gap Nature Center with its protected land. We will be afforded stunning views of the Blue Mountain and Appalachian Trail. Bethlehem, circa 1741, an old Moravian settlement, is home to cobblestone streets, quaint shops, and history around every bend. Spend the night in the Hotel Bethlehem where Presidents and dignitaries have stayed before you.
Day 3 – 47 miles: After a group breakfast, we will depart Bethlehem and travel south following the path of 19th century aqueducts to the confluence of the Lehigh and Delaware Rivers. Visit the only operating mule drawn canal boat east of the Mississippi. Tour the National Canal Museum and pass through many quaint, river villages, until we arrive in New Hope. New Hope is a small town with a big city feel. It offers bustling nightlife and cultural attractions such as the Bucks County Playhouse.
Day 4 – 22 miles: On day four, after a hearty final breakfast at the Fox and Hound Bed & Breakfast, we will travel to Washington Crossing where George Washington crossed the Delaware in 1776. We will also cross the Delaware to the D&R Canal State Park and head north to Bull’s Island where we will end our ride with lunch before we shuttle you back to your car.
For a detailed day by day itinerary, please call 570.325.3654 and ask for Sierra OR send an email to Info@PoconoBiking.com
2021 4 DAY BIKE RIDE DATES
May (limited availability)
- 17th – 20th
June – Sold Out. Click here to join our waitlist!
- 7th – 10th
- 14th – 17th
- 28th – July 1st
- 13th – 16th – Sold Out. Click here to join our waitlist!
- 20th – 23rd – limited availability
- 27th – 30th – Sold Out. Click here to join our waitlist!
October – Sold Out. Click here to join our waitlist!
- 4th – 7th
- 18th – 21st
Private Trips are available on alternative dates for groups of 8 or more. Just give us a call at 1-800-WHITEWATER (1-800-944-8392) to arrange your private trip.
- Difficulty: Easy/Moderate – Crushed gravel trail
- Trip Size: Up to 14 guests, 2 guides
- Minimum Age: 13 years old
- E-bike rentals are available for an additional charge
- For a detailed itinerary and FAQ’s please call 570.325.3654 and ask for Sierra OR send an email to Info@PoconoBiking.com
- CLICK HERE to view our special 4-day inn to inn bike ride brochure
2021 4 DAY RATES
- Individual with own bike – $995.
- Bike rental (if needed) – $90.
- Single supplement – $250. additional for those traveling solo
- Biking on 142 miles of rail trail
- Overnight accommodations at The Inn at Jim Thorpe, Hotel Bethlehem, and Fox & Hound Bed & Breakfast
- Professional bike guides
- Sag wagon
- Basic bike repair
- Replacement bikes if needed to complete the ride
- Rest stops with snacks and water
- Breakfast on three days
- Lunch on two days
- Luggage transportation to each accommodation
- Morning trail briefings
- Transportation back to your car by 4pm on the final day
RESERVATIONS & INFORMATION
For more information on our four day inn to inn bike ride, please give us a call at 570.325.3654 and ask for Sierra. Or, you can send us a request via email to info@PoconoBiking.com
Note: If the date you are interested in is currently sold out, please click here to join our waitlist!