September 12, 2021
A RAFT AND BIKE MULTISPORT ADVENTURE
Are you looking for a multi sport adventure that doesn’t require getting up quite so early? If you like to sleep in, but still want a full day of adventure, than the Lehigh Explorer may be right for you! Arrive at noon and have plenty of time to explore the Lehigh River by raft and bike. This is a 16 mile adventure for anyone ages 13 and up.
You will check in at our sister company Pocono Whitewater. There you will gear up and after a safety briefing and short bus ride to the river, you’ll begin your journey with eight miles of Class I & II whitewater rafting on the Lehigh River. About half way through the rafting portion, you’ll take out at our private lunch spot. There you will enjoy a FREE all-you-can-eat hotdog riverside BBQ.
After enjoying a few more hours on the river, you’ll switch gears and pedal eight miles on the Lehigh Gap section of the D&L Rail Trail. Along the way, you’ll pass remnants of 18th century locks and canals as you enter the town of Jim Thorpe. Your bike ride will finish at our Jim Thorpe Pocono Biking location. From there you will take a short ride back to our adventure center. A bonfire will welcome you as the newest Lehigh Explorer!
Reservations for our Lehigh Explorer multisport adventure can be made by calling 570-325-8430. You can also book online on our sister site Pocono Whitewater by clicking this link.
2021 LEHIGH EXPLORER DATES
- 8th & 22nd
Private Lehigh Explorer adventures are available to groups of 10 or more people, mid-week. Just give us a call at 570.325.8490 to arrange your private trip.
LEHIGH EXPLORER RESERVATIONS
Reservations for our Lehigh Explorer (raft & bike) multi sport adventure MUST be made over the phone by calling us at 570.325.8430.
2021 LEHIGH EXPLORER RATES
- Individual – $94.99 (ages 13 and up)
LEHIGH EXPLORER RATE INCLUDES
- Class I, II, and touch of class III whitewater rafting trip
- All necessary rafting equipment
- Rail Trail Bike Ride on the D&L Trail
- Trek bike rental
- Bicycle helmet
- Free, all you can eat barbecue lunch (hot dogs, potato salad, chips, fruit, water, lemonade)
- Change rooms
- Free parking
- Trip shuttles
- Professional guides
- Post-trip bonfire
LEHIGH EXPLORER TRIP NOTES
- heck in at Pocono Whitewater Rafting, Jim Thorpe.
- Most of our rafts accommodate 4 to 6 people.
- Vegetarian meal options are available, please give us a call for details.
- If you forget something you can pick it up in our retail shop.
- Your photo is taken on the river and available for purchase in our store or online at PoconoWhitewaterPhotos.com.