St Luke’s Hospice Bike Ride
June 01, 2019
Pocono Biking is proud to be a sponsor of the 9th annual St. Luke’s Hospice Charity Bike Ride that will take place on Saturday, June 1st. St Luke’s Hospice relies on community support to ensure the continued, high-quality, compassionate hospice care that our family and friends have come to know. Your participation will help support a patient and family currently receiving hospice care and will provide hope and peace to them during this time of great uncertainty. Thank you for reaching out to a family in need.
The Charity Bike Ride, held each year in June, combines fun and exercise with charitable giving. The family of a former hospice patient originated the event in 2010 in appreciation of the care and support received from hospice. The ride has evolved to more than 200 riders who gather on the Delaware & Lehigh (D&L) Bike Trail to celebrate the lives of family and friends they have lost. Year after year, they honor their loved ones, support hospice and enjoy a beautiful day of biking on the along the picturesque Lehigh River.
Saturday, June 1st at 10am
- Ride the D & L Trail.
- You’ll begin your ride on the Delaware and Lehigh National Heritage Trail, Lehighton Trailhead, south of Jim Thorpe.
- Lehighton Trailhead address: 200 North Main Lane, Lehighton, PA 18235
- You have the choice of 20 or 30 miles
- The route takes you along riverbeds, the canal towpath as well as paved sections. You will see museums, an environmental center, Appalachian Trail crossing and witness beautiful vistas of the Blue Mountain and Lehigh Gap.
- All levels of riders are encouraged to participate
- No bike? No Problem! Rental bikes are available with Pocono Biking when you register!
- REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!
- $40.00 per rider, includes participation bag, performance t-shirt, and bike rental with helmet if needed. We recommend bringing your own helmet.
- We are pleased to announce that 100% of the $40 registration fee will go to St. Luke’s Hospice
- Please support this great cause and REGISTER ONLINE TODAY
- Registration is available at the event beginning at 8:30am